Year 7 Admissions
Candidates sitting the Entrance Assessments into Year 7 must be registered by mid-September of the year preceding entry.
Once you have registered you will be asked to complete an Examination Entry Form giving the School consent to contact your daughter’s current school for recent progress reports and a confidential Headteacher’s reference. This form also gives you the opportunity to enter your daughter for any of our Scholarships. Please click on the link below for more information.Scholarships
All candidates will take the 11+ ISEB Common Pre-Test. This online test contains the following sections - English (25 minutes), Maths (50 minutes), Verbal (36 minutes) and Non Verbal (32 minutes). In addition to the online assessment, students will undertake a 30 minute creative writing exercise.
The School will determine the offer of a place on the basis of results from the papers outlined above, an interview with the Headmistress and Head of Lower School, and the confidential reference and progress report provided by her current school.
The Assessments will be held on Wednesday 20 October and Thursday 21 October 2021. Offer letters will be sent out by Christmas. If the School makes a formal offer of a place and the parents choose to accept it, they will be required to complete an Acceptance Form and return it with a deposit within a fixed period of time in order to secure the place.
For candidates who have missed the October Assessments places may still be available. Please contact our Registrar, Shirley Coppard at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)1435 874642.
- What is the entrance process for Year 7? How important are entrance exam results as part of the admissions process?
- How big are the classes in Year 7?
- What subjects do the girls study in Year 7?
- Do you have set times for lessons or does it vary every day?
- What time would day girls normally go home?
- What sort of extra-curricular activities do you provide?
- Is there Saturday school?
- What school trips do you have in Year 7 and 8?
- Are new girls allocated a buddy?
- What does the induction programme look like for Year 7 starters?
- Are mobile phones allowed?
- Are there opportunities for scholarships?
- My daughter will be joining as a day girl but would like to try boarding a few nights a week. Is this possible and how would you introduce her to boarding?