Statement from Lady Davies of Stamford, Chairman of Governors
25 August 2021
Mrs Niamh Green, Mayfield's current Deputy Head, will assume the role of Acting Head for the autumn term whilst our Headmistress, Miss Antonia Beary, takes a period of leave to receive medical treatment for cancer diagnosed during the summer. Miss Beary started treatment at the beginning of the holiday and we are pleased to say that she is on good form and responding very well. As you would expect, she is facing this challenge with characteristic positivity and expects to return to school in the New Year.
In Miss Beary’s absence for treatment and recovery, Governors have made the following arrangements for the autumn term:
- Our Deputy Head, Mrs Niamh Green, will assume the role of Acting Head and will continue to oversee boarding.
- Our Director of Studies, Mrs Annabel Bunce, will assume the role of Acting Deputy Head. Mrs Bunce will retain her current responsibilities for all academic matters.
- In addition to her responsibilities as Head of Middle School, Mrs Jodi Stone will take on the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead, supported by Mr John Doy overseeing the Sixth Form and Mrs Claire Baker in Lower School.
- Mr Richard Gordon will continue to lead the Support staff and Bursary team.
- Mrs Cora Saint will continue to lead the Admissions, Marketing and Development teams.
Mrs Green will be ably supported by her senior colleagues and the wider staff body in her role, which she will assume on 1st September. Please join us in keeping Miss Beary in our prayers as she focuses on her treatment and recovery and we look forward to her return in the New Year.